The safest (less chance of braking something) is to remove the headlamp assembly. I have the Subaru replacement proceedure below.
Headlight/Turn Signal/Marker Light Assembly
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Remove the air duct (right headlight).
3. Disconnect the headlight bulb harness connector. Headlight assembly
4. Remove the 3 mounting bolts and headlight assembly. Remove the light sockets from the headlight housing.
1. Insert the light sockets into the headlight housing.
2. Install and secure the headlight assembly with the 3 mounting bolts.
3. Connect the headlight bulb harness connector.
4. Install the air duct (right headlight).
5. Connect the battery ground cable.
Sorry no graffics, having ptoblems importing them.
Thursday, July 30th, 2009 AT 4:01 PM