REAR SEAT BELT LOCKED UP.

Subaru

tima

March, 19, 2007 AT 2:09 PM

Is there a release button or some trick to release the seat belt? My '98 Subaru Forrester's rear passenger-side seat belt has locked up in the retracted position and there is not enough slack to make it release.

Scubaru

March, 20, 2007 AT 10:15 AM

If you cant get it to move at all its going to be tough without some dissasembly.
The easiest thing to try is to remove the lower portion of the rear seat it is actually easy. Then you can unbolt the side of the seat belt that has the release button. This will give you some slack and you may be able to get the belt mechanism to move after that. Its a lot easier then rmoving the pannels and taking out the soulder harness. Hope that helps

PoconosDewey

March, 20, 2007 AT 1:00 PM

I have a 98 Forester that also had the pass side rear seatbelt " locked into the recessed position.&Quot; As I recall they fixed it under a recall that I never received. Check into it.

Checked my records: I had this fixed my my dealership on 12 Oct 04. They did not charge me. I don't know if it was covered under the warranty or a recall. I'm pretty sure it was under the warranty though.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon