FUEL BURNING ISSUE

Subaru

canadian-legacy

September, 9, 2007 AT 2:54 PM

Hi there,
I have a 1991 Subaru Legacy L, sedan, 4wd/auto, 2.2L. It has 192,000k a huge chunk highway cross country.

Well heres my issue, for me its a mind boggler! I've owned this car for almost 3 weeks now, and just recently the check engine light went on. Well I checked the usual and it wasnt anything I could find, then went off a bit later. Well a few days after that, I was heading out to lunch, when I was going up a hill, the car randomly ran out of power, all electrical worked fine, just the car couldnt move past 5k. So I took it into canadian tire and they said it was a sever transmission issue, well I grabbed my keys and went home, car started up normal and no issues for the next few days. Well I was taking my fiance again out to lunch, the same issue happend again, loss of power, car didnt want to move past 5k, I know its not the tranny, but I changed the spark plugs and mas sensor, that helped a bit to get it home, but still everytime I press on the gas the rpms drop and I loose power, could it be the fuel filter or injectors?

M_H_RITZEL

September, 9, 2007 AT 3:45 PM

Start with replacing the fuel filter.

canadian-legacy

September, 9, 2007 AT 5:03 PM

I just did that, and no such luck. Its as if it isnt burning the fuel

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe