91 LEGACY "HEIGHT CONTROL" STUCK ON! PLEASE

1991 Subaru

rfs3

May, 1, 2007 AT 10:41 PM

I have a 91 subaru legacy wagon 4 door hatchback, that has the push button height control option. The switch is stuck on, and the vehicle is stuck in the high position, IE very bumpy ride, almost undriveable. I took the vehicle to a repair shop to have the problem repaired they said that I had leaks in the air bags which control the height control, and it would be tons of money to replace the system. I dont care about the height control, and just want it removed or disengaged.

I have tried pulling the fuses and disconnecting the battery to restart the ECU, with no luck.

What can I do, I just want it out of the the high position an driveable again. Can I some how disengage and disconect the switch?

Thanks very much,

Rachel

M_H_RITZEL

May, 20, 2007 AT 12:21 PM

You can disconnect the power going to the air suspension, then loosen up the air control for each shock letting the air out leveling the vehicle,

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/54223_air_suspension_1.jpg

GreasMunky

April, 28, 2009 AT 3:18 PM

If you are not mechanically inclined you may want to consider just converting to a passive coil system. I got tired of the problems I was having with my Legacy last year. They told me the same thing ALMOST. They told me that my compressors were bad. I bought new compressors and BAM. Shortly after back in the shop buying new airbags this time and a new compressor to replace the NEW one that the airbags just killed! I had heard about Strutmasters. Com so I checked them out. It has been 8 solid months riding on my new conversion kits and I love them. They have a lifetime warranty (unlike ANY air suspension parts you will EVER find), the people were helpful and I actually prefer the coil spring ride to the air ride. Hopefully this helps a little. I would hate to hear you have to spend as much money as I did just to learn the same lesson. Good Luck!

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class