WRX SQUEAKING

2002 Subaru

cantaf1068

March, 9, 2006 AT 3:12 PM

Make: Subaru
Model: Impreza WRX
Year: 2002
Mileage: 64,000

This started about a month ago, and I just ignored it for a little while, but it seems like it has gotten a little worse. I hear a slight squeaking noise towards the right front area of the car sometimes when I am transitioning from 3rd to 4th gear and higher. The squeaking occurs right in the middle of the transition of coming off the clutch while pressing on the gas, specifically when I come off the clutch a little early and the car vibrates a little bit. Same noise also happens when I come off the gas real quick without pushing the clutch down. Every once in a while, I hear it just driving along, without accelerating or decelerating, but not as much as when transitioning from gear to gear. At first, I thought it was a problem with the springs and such, but there was no squeaking when I pushed down on the car from the outside. Any suggestions/ideas will be greatly appreciated.

cf_anderson

March, 9, 2006 AT 7:08 PM

I doubt it is your shocks. I think you have a belt problem. The belt might be too dry or is a little loose and could be slipping. Very easy fix to tighten the belt or if you notice it is dried out and has some cracks, get a new belt before it breaks.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang