2001 Subaru Forester REPAIR MANUAL?

AMYBOONE
  • 2001 SUBARU
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY A REPAIR MANUAL BOOK FOR THIS VEHICLE? I'M HAVING MORE PROBLEMS THAN YOU WOULD BELIEVE. IT'S UNREAL. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYBODY INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS VEHICLE? I WOULD LOVE TO GET RID OF IT. OR ATLEAST FIND A HONEST, REASONABLE MECHANIC THAT KNOWS HOW TO FIX SUBARUS. KNOW ANY? IF SO, PLEASE SEND NAME AND NUMBER TO ME. RICHMOND, VA AREA. THANK YOU.
Tuesday, March 7th, 2006 AT 8:11 AM

CF_ANDERSON
It's frustrating to have a car that just won't operate the properly. I don't believe there is a manual for 2001 Subaru Forrester, however, you can get a CD of the service manual. Try google and you should find something - I think I saw one on EBAY. I hope my other post about your radiator helped. The more I think about the problem, the more it sounds like you need a new radiator. That will keep a constant flow which will then keep your thermostat in working condition.
Not all mechanics are cheats. Check the web and see if you can find a mechanic who has a good reputation in the Richmond area - usually one who has been in business for 10 years. Also, just because you take it to a mechanic and tell him/her your problems, does not mean that you have to pay him/her for the work. If you have a bad feeling about the person, then just say that you cannot afford the price they ask and walk away - you have the leverage in this negotiation. A lot of shops out there will give you a free estimate of the problem. Also, check the prices the mechanic is asking for the parts on the web. You can get a radiator for a 2001 Forrester for $190 online. That way, you are just paying for the labor. However, remember that sometimes a cheap part will just be more problems in the future.
Tuesday, March 7th, 2006 AT 9:35 AM