1984 SUBARU CV JOINTS ?

• Dalenaa07
  • 1984 Subaru

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1984 Other Subaru Models 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 194000 miles

I Have been having a Problem As of Late, the Subaru GL Wagoon, when Turning Left is really hard and seems to make what seems to be clunking/scrapping noise. I but Left turn is still possible. Turn Right is Just fine. Also at high speeds, ( between 45-60Mph) when making corners the car shudders a little, and makes quite a bit of noise. The Shudder kinda feels like the tire is going to fold under the rim, and flopping. But at those speeds its shouldn't do that, and there wide corners too.

I dont know if the two problems are related.

Thanks a Bunch for your Time : -) Much Apperciated

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 9:14 PM

• mhpautos

Hi there, get the L/H, drive shaft checked as well as the steering and suspension, I feel that it may be drive shaft related, start here.

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 9:38 PM
  • Dalenaa07

Thanks for the quick Reply : -D ill make sure and get the Drive Shaft Checked. Also I dont know if this helps but, the 4WD/ LO 4WD 2WD Switching Is Flawless, it works great. I just replaced Rear differential oil and Manual transmistion Oil. Dont know if that helps. : -D

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 9:43 PM
  • loudogsdad

Your description of going around corners sounds exactly like what happened to me with my 94 subaru. It ended up being the CV joint.

Wednesday, December 17th, 2008 AT 11:28 PM