CENTER CONSOLE CLOCK ABOVE REAR VIEW M

2002 Subaru Forester

gman5166

February, 18, 2008 AT 12:54 PM

2002 Subaru Forester 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 92,000 miles

I have checked both fuses for clocks and unit will not lite up, the lights above clock still work. How hard is the center console clock above the rear view mirror to change. Or is there something else that I am missing. I have reveiwed the owners manual and can not find a solution

chasski

March, 2, 2008 AT 8:57 PM

More than likely the clock is shot. Happened to my 2001 Forester. You can replace the clock for about $50-60 new. Do not go to the dealer, as my experience is, they will make you buy the entire console not just the clock.

Gene Garner

June, 8, 2008 AT 10:18 PM

Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the plastic cover around the clock. Then just unplug the old clock assembly and plug the new one in.

COSubaru

December, 28, 2008 AT 10:44 AM

To save yourself the $50-$60 take the clock out and re-solder all the connections as the go bad and crack. These clocks to do go bad, just the connections. You will need to solder them yourself but it is very easy. Even if you have to go buy a solder tool your out maybe $9 total and the fix is done in 15min.

cschmittie

December, 30, 2014 AT 6:37 PM

2001 Subaru Forester clock. This worked perfectly. Got out my soldering iron and just heated up the solder joints, popped the clock back in and we're good to go. Thanks for the tip!

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement