2002 SUBARU FORESTER CENTER CONSOLE CLOCK ABOVE REAR VIEW M

• gman5166
  • 2002 Subaru Forester

2002 Subaru Forester 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 92,000 miles

I have checked both fuses for clocks and unit will not lite up, the lights above clock still work. How hard is the center console clock above the rear view mirror to change. Or is there something else that I am missing. I have reveiwed the owners manual and can not find a solution

Monday, February 18th, 2008 AT 12:54 PM

• chasski

More than likely the clock is shot. Happened to my 2001 Forester. You can replace the clock for about $50-60 new. Do not go to the dealer, as my experience is, they will make you buy the entire console not just the clock.

Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 AT 8:57 PM
  • Gene Garner

Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the plastic cover around the clock. Then just unplug the old clock assembly and plug the new one in.

Sunday, June 8th, 2008 AT 10:18 PM
  • COSubaru

To save yourself the $50-$60 take the clock out and re-solder all the connections as the go bad and crack. These clocks to do go bad, just the connections. You will need to solder them yourself but it is very easy. Even if you have to go buy a solder tool your out maybe $9 total and the fix is done in 15min.

Sunday, December 28th, 2008 AT 10:44 AM
  • cschmittie

2001 Subaru Forester clock. This worked perfectly. Got out my soldering iron and just heated up the solder joints, popped the clock back in and we're good to go. Thanks for the tip!

Tuesday, December 30th, 2014 AT 6:37 PM