Striped screw on rotor?

RICKYSH11
  • 2017 HONDA ACCORD
Hello, I am experiencing trouble trying to remove the screw on the rotors. I ended up striping 2 and finally removing one of the striped screws with an extractor kit (Hercules Impact Rated Extractor Set). When attempting the same process to remove the other screw, the extractor broke in the screw. So now at the moment I am not able to remove the rotor. I’ve tried drilling it out but broke 2 drill bits in the process. Is there a way to extract the broken extractor?
Sunday, September 17th, 2023 AT 6:00 PM

KEN L
  • MASTER CERTIFIED MECHANIC
Not really, the extractor is hardened machine tool steel so this is why you cannot drill it. In the future you need an impact screwdriver to remove these screws. Now you will need to use a welder to attach and bolt to it to remove all, this video will show you how:

https://youtu.be/aRrz-cphBY4?si=QFOROL992ufOrJHc

Let us know what happens and please upload pictures or videos of the problem so we can see what's going on.
Monday, September 18th, 2023 AT 2:11 PM

Sponsored links