Steps necessary to remove oil pan

DARRELL BISHOP
  • 2004 FORD EXPEDITION
I need to remove my oil pan to check screen an pick up tube. Need to know if I need to remove cross member under it?
Saturday, June 29th, 2019 AT 3:48 PM

KASEKENNY1
Hi Darrell,

Here is the procedure. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks
+1
Saturday, June 29th, 2019 AT 4:34 PM
DARRELL BISHOP
Hi I have the oil pan gasket. It's like a hard plastic one with what looks like some kind of "tabs"? Will I need to use gasket sealant? If so, 8s there a certain way I apply it? Like on gasket itself? Or on oil pan then place gasket on it?
Friday, August 2nd, 2019 AT 4:08 PM
KASEKENNY1
Hi,

Yes you are going to need to use a silicone sealant for oil pans. Then refer to the installation portion of the attachments that I provide previously to see where to place this sealant. You are going to put it directly onto the engine in these for locations. This is just basically giving the gasket a little reinforcement because these areas are the weakest and you want to make sure it doesn't leak from them. After you put the silicone on, you put the gasket on it and then the pan goes on. Just make sure you get it all on before the silicone begins to set up or it will have to be removed and you start over, as it states in the attachments.
+1
Friday, August 2nd, 2019 AT 6:40 PM
DARRELL BISHOP
Thank you.
Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 AT 10:44 AM

Sponsored links