STEERING PROBLEM (LIGHT AND IMPRECISE) AFTER CLOCKSPRING REPLACEMENT

2014 Honda Accord

cosair3141592

June, 5, 2014 AT 9:16 AM

I own a 2014 accord ex 4dr CVT, and due to some noise coming from the steering wheel, a dealer replaced clockspring (cable reel) on my car. After this, I have experienced following problems on and off.

1. Steering feel is considerably lighter than before the service.
2. For the first 50 degree (out of 360) turning of the steering wheel to the left, the steering wheel lacks resistance and feels loose.
3. Steering feels imprecise.
4. At ~80mph, car tends to slowly shift to the the left lane when I take my hands off the wheel on straight road.

These problems are subtle at times, but you can definitely notice this if the car is driven daily basis. The dealer that serviced my car is extremely uncooperative and I have tried to fix my accord for a while in vain.

Could you think of anything that may have gone wrong?

Thank you.

hmac300

June, 5, 2014 AT 9:56 AM

The clockspring may be in wrong, hard telling call Honda as this is still under warranty they will send you to a dealer that is more cooperative. If it's the only dealer in your are then they will take care of the dealer to fix it correctly.

cosair3141592

June, 5, 2014 AT 11:45 AM

Actually, I plan to travel 2 hours where I bought the car to have it looked and they are more willing to help. It seems like the right part was put in though. Can improperly installing a clockspring cause the problems I mentioned?

Thank you for your opinion

hmac300

June, 5, 2014 AT 12:08 PM

I guess it could but there may be underlying things with this. I'm sure they will scan it to see if there are. Also being a 2014 we have very little info on it as well as tsb's which I looked at to see if it is a problem.

Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz