The starter relay does not click when key is turned on?

CHEV_MAN00
  • 2003 BUICK RENDEZVOUS
  • 256 MILES
I checked pin 30 on relay and has power and 86 when key is turned on, I understand that 85 supply’s ground for PCM and then engages the starter pin 87, but I’m not getting the ground for the PCM to engage starter. I checked starter and it works good, battery also checks out fine. I also checked the ignition harness on column, and I have power when key is turned on. I know that PCM pin 23 and 76 are the main supply for the relay and starter and also the range sensor. What I’m asking is do I need a new PCM or is this wiring somewhere I missed? Thanks for your input and best regards.
Sunday, September 18th, 2022 AT 5:45 PM

KEN L
Did you try to crank the engine over when the transmission was in neutral? This can tell us if the gear range sensor is bad. It is the under-hood fuse panel. Can you check fuse# 35, 27, 19 and 48 for power? This guide can help also. I have included the starter wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the images (below). Please let us know what happens.
Monday, September 19th, 2022 AT 1:19 PM
CHEV_MAN00
Okay, I’ve checked all the fuses you mentioned, and all have power and tried in neutral and nothing but when I shifted into neutral, I get an error message on gear selector screen.
Sunday, October 2nd, 2022 AT 2:02 PM

Sponsored links