Stalled at 55 MPH, transmission will not shift out of second gear

SLITH
  • 1999 MITSUBISHI MONTERO
At highway speed, vehicle stalled with hard stop of drice tires. Continued on to get off road, engine runs fine but it won't shift out of second gear. Also, no power to test port or power locks. Door chime is not working either. Scrap yard transmission with less than 10,000 miles on it. Test port will not power on the scan tool, so no codes.
Monday, May 3rd, 2021 AT 6:55 PM

Hi,

I need you to start by checking fuse 5 in the under hood fuse/relay box. If you look at pic 1 below, I highlighted the fuse I'm referring to.

In addition to checking the fuse, confirm there is power to and from it. This fuse powers the data link connector along with several other components. We need to get the DLC working so you can scan the computer. Keep in mind, if the fuse is blown, it could be the cause of the problem. If you look at pic 2, it shows what is powered by the fuse.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.

Take care,

Tuesday, May 4th, 2021 AT 8:43 PM

Sponsored links