Squeak noise when accelerating, not belt

JED GOSS
  • 2016 NISSAN VERSA
I have the vehicle listed above Note SV. When I accelerate there is a squeaking noise from under the hood. It stops when I let off the gas. At idle there isn't a squeak at all. It seems to only happen when my engine shifts. The engine seems to slip sometimes when it shifts. So I do not know if my transmission fluid is old? Because it is supposed to be change at 30,000 miles but I do not know? A mechanic looked at it and said my tension is tight on my belts and the serpentine belt isn't cracked or glazed. Can anyone help?
Saturday, June 20th, 2020 AT 6:31 AM

KASEKENNY1
Couple questions. First, do you have a CVT transmission or an automatic transmission where you can feel the shifting between gears?

Also, can you get a recording of the noise? This sounds like a clutch issue or maybe a torque converter but if you have a CVT transmission then that would not make sense.

Let us know this info and we can go from there. Thanks

Here is a guide that helps with these general issues as well:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-squeaking-noise
Saturday, June 20th, 2020 AT 8:40 AM

Sponsored links