Spring-kind noise from brake pedal

SWITHY
  • 2017 FORD MUSTANG
  • RWD
Hello. When I release slowly from the brake pedal while stopping at low speeds, it makes the spring-kind noise from the pedal. It is somewhat faint but it comes on and off. The dealership thought the noise was from brake switch but even after replacing that, the noise is still there. The sound is kind of different from clanking or squealing sound but more of like spring is stretching or rusty spring or so. Please help me! It is brand new car and has only 1100 mileage on it. I have a video file that captured the sound so if you need clarification, please let me know and I can further send you.
Sunday, March 26th, 2017 AT 10:59 PM

STEVE W.
It could be the pedal return spring. Maybe a shot of lubricant you quiet it down. Dealer should be able to find it and fix it.
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 4:40 AM
SWITHY
Thank you for the reply. However, the dealership put some lubricant but it is still making the noise and dealer said they cannot locate the sound and it seems to be doing fine when they are driving? I do not understand.
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 5:55 AM
STEVE W.
Hard to say then. There is not that much that moves. Does it also make the noise if you shut the engine off and step on the brake? It's possible it is something other than the pedal itself.
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 8:21 AM
SWITHY
Thanks for the reply. It does not make that sound when the engine is off or when is seating still. It seems like once the car is over 25-30mph and press on brake, it makes that sound.
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 8:24 AM
STEVE W.
OK, then it isn't the brake pedal. That would make noise all the time not just while moving at speed. Next? When it makes the noise does it change when you speed up or if you turn?
Another thing would be for you to visit the dealer and take the service writer or tech with you and hopefully demonstrate the sound for them. It could be something simple like the brakes are not fully seated or similar.
If you post some video on youtube or facebook of the sound and drop a link in your reply it might help.
Monday, March 27th, 2017 AT 5:08 PM