Speedometer displays km/m by default

PARTYBARGECAPT
  • 2015 FORD F-150
How do you change default km/h to mph? Truck was originally sold in Canada.
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 10:18 AM

KASEKENNY1
The proper way to swap this is to go to the dealer and they can change the country code so that the default in the cluster is MPH. However, that will not change the speedometer layout with having KMH speeds on the top rather then the MPH. For this, you should replace the cluster but there are a lot of companies that sell overlay stickers that you can take the cluster apart (instructions attached) and put it in place of the current one.

Here is a link to one that I found on a quick search. Clearly I am not suggest to go with them over another but just to get you started.

https://usspeedoconversions.com/pages/conversion-of-speedometers-between-kilometers-and-miles-per-hour

Let us know if you have questions. Thanks
+1
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 3:18 PM
PARTYBARGECAPT
Thanks for the quick response. It s only the digital portion of the cluster needs to be changed. The dial speedometer is okay. I can toggle km/h to mph and back anytime using the okay button on the steering wheel. It s just a pain to do it every time I use the vehicle.
Sunday, November 22nd, 2020 AT 8:12 AM
KASEKENNY1
Okay. Thank you for that clarification. That is something that you need to either replace the cluster for or the dealer (or someone with a comparable tool) can change the country code and that will switch it from KMH to MPH as default. I am not positive the dealer can flip this with the tool so if not, replacing the cluster with a USA cluster is the only option. I would just call a local dealer and ask them if they can change it. In fact, I would call two and just make sure they give you the same answer because sometimes they don't give you the answer for this vehicle, they just tell you that it needs to be replaced as that is the typical solution for them.
Monday, November 23rd, 2020 AT 6:16 PM

Sponsored links