Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros. Com.
Here are the directions for removing the intake manifold to access the plugs in the rear. All attached pictures correlate with these directions.
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect the battery negative terminal.
2. Remove the engine cover (A).
3. Remove the air duct (B).
4. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
(1)Disconnect the breather hose (A) and the BARO sensor connector (B).
(2)Disconnect the air intake hose and then remove the air cleaner assembly (C).
Hose clamp bolt:
2.9 - 4.9N.M (0.3 - 0.5kgf.M, 2.2 - 3.6lb-ft)
Air cleaner assembly bolts:
7.8 - 9.8N.M (0.8 - 1.0kgf.M, 5.8 - 7.2lb-ft)
5. Remove the under cover.
6. Loosen the drain plug (A), and drain the coolant. Remove the radiator cap to speed draining.
7. Disconnect the wiring connectors, harness clamps and hoses from the engine.
(1)RH front, rear oxygen sensor connector (A).
(2)VIS connector (B).
(3)RH exhaust camshaft OCV connector (C).
(4)RH ignition coil connector (D).
(5)RH injector connector (E).
(6)VCM connector (F).
(7)Power steering switch connector (G).
(8)LH exhaust camshaft OCV connector (A).
(9)LH/RH intake camshaft OCV connector (B).
(10)Oil pressure switch connector (C).
(11)Knock sensor connector (D).
(12)VPS connector (E).
(13)Condenser connector (F).
(15)Disconnect LH front oxygen sensor connector (A).
(16)Disconnect alternator connector (A).
(17)LH ignition coil connectors (A).
(18)LH injector connectors (B).
(19)VIS connector (C).
(20)LH intake CMPS connector (D).
(21)MAP sensor connector (A).
(22)PCSV connector (B).
(23)RH intake CMPS connector (A)
(24)Knock sensor connector (B)
(25)OTS connector (C)
(26)ETC connector (D)
(27)RH exhaust CMPS connector (E)
8. Disconnect the PCSV hose (A), fuel hose (B) and throttle body coolant hoses (C).
9. Remove the throttle body mounting bolt (D).
18.6 - 23.5N.M (1.9 - 2.4kgf.M, 13.7 - 17.4lb-ft)
10. Disconnect the PCV hose (A) and remove the surge tank stay (B).
Tightening torque :
27.5 - 31.4N.M (2.8 - 3.2kgf.M, 20.3 - 23.1lb-ft)
11. Remove the surge tank (A).
9.8 - 11.8N.M (1.0 - 1.2kgf.M, 7.2 - 8.7lb-ft)
12. Remove the delivery pipe & injector assembly (A).
13. Remove the intake the manifold (A).
Cover the inlet of cylinder head with a clean cloth or vinyl cover to prevent foreign materials from entering the engine.
14. Installation is reverse order of removal.
Tighten the intake manifold bolts and nuts, in several passes as below.
Step 1: 3.9 - 5.9N.M (0.4 - 0.6kgf.M, 2.9 - 4.3lb-ft)
Step 2:Nut- 18.62 - 23.52N.M (1.9 - 2.4kgf.M, 13.74 - 17.36lb-ft)
Bolt -26.5 - 31.4N.M (2.7 - 3.2kgf.M, 19.5 - 23.1lb-ft)
Step 3: Repeat 2nd step twice or more.
A - h : 1st step order
1 - 8 : 2nd step order
I hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Friday, September 14th, 2018 AT 8:48 PM