SLOW THROTTLE RESPONSE

• caleba2012
  • 2003 Chevrolet Silverado

When I first start my truck my throttle is very hesitant, and my truck feels like it has no power at all. If I let it idle after trying to run it, it feels like its gonna die. It almost sounds like it is cammed. I have changed my PCV valve cleaned my air intake and throttle body. I either think it is my o2 sensors or my coil pack. Please share your info with me.

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 AT 8:07 AM

• JDL

Use a gage and check for proper fuel pressure fuel pressure. Can you check for applicable trouble codes? Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free.

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 AT 10:50 AM
  • JDL

I forgot to ask litre size of engine?

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 AT 10:55 AM
  • caleba2012

It's a 5.3 v8, I took to autozone and they said it was the MAF, I changed it and it is still doing that. The check engine light flashes when I press on the gas.

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 AT 3:13 PM
  • JDL

What was the actual code number? The code doesn't tell you what to replace, just that the system thinks there is a problem on that circuit, somewhere.

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 AT 7:30 AM