2005 Skoda Fabia Rear Brake Caliper Reset Tool

GIANDOUGL
  • 2005 SKODA FABIA
Having extreme hardship locating the tool to press brake piston back into it's housing whilst rotating piston the same time.
Have contacted, Sealey, Laser and Franklin tool suppliers, with very little success.
Contacted Skoda and they simply did not really want to know.
Have combed the internet and only able to purchase huge box sets for multiple vehicle types, and hope something may do the job, and costing a small fortune in the process.
I simply need a brand tool name with a parts number, and something that is not costing the earth.
Friday, March 27th, 2009 AT 1:03 PM

ZACKMAN
I am not familiar with Skoda as they aren't sold in the US. This is the tool that I use for rear calipers for most vehicles, here. Each of the sides has different slots matching to most calipers for US-spec vehicles. Will this work for you? It is made by Powerbuilt Tools, part number 648410.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_648410_4.jpg

If you can upload pictures of the piston to your caliper, I can probably tell if this tool will work for you.
Friday, March 27th, 2009 AT 5:46 PM
FABGAV
I know this is an old post but I thought it will still come up on search results so thought i'd post.

I take it you are on about the rear caliper in which the piston twist for the handbrake opperation.

The 're-wind' the piston you need a Caliper Re-wind tool

These are avalible everywhere now and are quite common, 20 at halfords in UK

Hope this helps
Sunday, April 4th, 2010 AT 4:10 AM
GIANDOUGL
Thanks for interest and your replies of help.
Did finally find tool, (on good old E.BAY,) although our US member did suggest a square type tool, it was far too small.
Will attempt to attach picture of tool used, made by 'Laser'.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/336880_Laser_1314_in_Action_1.jpg

Best regards.
Sunday, April 4th, 2010 AT 11:01 AM
RODKNUTSON
For all my disc brake repairs I just use a big C clamp aND a small block of wood to push the piston back into the caliper
Thursday, January 7th, 2016 AT 4:56 PM