Vibration in transmission in highest gear

WES DAVIS
  • 1999 FORD MUSTANG

Transmission seems okay except when it gets to probably highest gear it seems to have a vibration and you can feel that it is not smooth at all.

Wednesday, December 6th, 2017 AT 9:26 PM

Has the check engine light come on? Have you checked to see if there are any trouble codes stored in the computer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV3TRZwer8k

Keep in mind, I assume you checked the transmission fluid and it is clean and full. A few things can cause what you described. An engine misfire, slipping clutch pack, bad torque converter, bad torque converter clutch.

Let me know.

+1
Thursday, December 7th, 2017 AT 6:59 PM
WES DAVIS

Transmission fluid does need changing. No engine lights. I am going to change filter today see what happens. Is it okay to just change few quart's of transmission fluid at a time? I am also thinking that it could possibly be transmission mounts.

Friday, December 8th, 2017 AT 5:27 AM
SATURNTECH9

I would change all the fluid that drains out and the filter and pan gasket as well. Another thing to check is your drive line u joints if there worn out/loose that will cause a vibration. Check them for play in them.

Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 AT 1:29 PM