Service Stabilitrak and Service Engine Light

CHAMELEON_CRP
  • 2007 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
The service stabilitrak light comes on after driving for a while. The light does not come on when the car is started only after driving for a while and sometimes is goes away and then comes back on. The manual that comes with the car says the system is not operational and to adjust your driving accordingly so that is why I haven't been paying much attention to it. Yesterday the check engine light came on and is still on. I went to AutoZone today to check for the codes for the service engine light and got codes: P0404(Failed EGR position sensor, open or short circuit sensor, failed EGR valve, Failed EGR pressure sensor where applicable, and failed EGR position sensor where applicable), P0405(same list as P0404), and P1779(open or short circuit condition, poor electric connection, low or dirty transmission fluid, and faulty shift solenoid). The people at AutoZone said that anyone of those but not all could be the problem. I don't know where to start. My car is not under warranty anymore and don't want to spend a lot of money. My mechanical skills are okay and I feel comfortable working on it but will it be better for a professional to deal with the problem?
Thursday, October 24th, 2013 AT 9:49 AM

You can try to replac the egr valve but no guarantee if it fixing it. The wiring cold have ashor tor bad connection at pcm or eger. And is best left to pros to diagnose it. The other see if your trans fluid is dirty if you have a dipstick otherwise you need a trasn pro to look at it. For the stabilizer you need apro scanner to test what is wrong if anything with it.
Thursday, October 24th, 2013 AT 12:14 PM