Could you provide the codes that you found? If I have them, it may help. Often times there is more than one thing that can cause a code to be set. For example, you replaced the sensor, but the problem could be in the wiring to the sensor. I can usually figure that out.
Now, the traction control and other things (air bag) may be on simply due to a low voltage issues. That includes the oil light. We need to figure that out first.
I want you to do me a favor. Remove the alternator (the bad one) and have it bench tested at auto zone. If it checks bad, request a different brand. If it checks good, we need to check wires on the vehicle.
Since you had the alt installed by a mechanic, I will provide the directions so you can do it at home. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
2007 Chevy Truck Tahoe 2WD V8-5.3L
Vehicle Starting and Charging Charging System Alternator Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Generator Replacement
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the intake manifold sight shield.
3. Remove the accessory drive belt.
4. Disconnect the engine harness electrical connector (3) from the generator.
5. Reposition the generator battery jumper cable boot (3).
6. Remove the generator battery jumper cable nut (2) from the generator.
7. Remove the generator battery jumper cable terminal (1) from the generator stud.
8. Remove the generator bolts.
9. Remove the generator.
1. Install the generator.
2. NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice.
Install the generator bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 55 N.M (41 lb ft).
3. Install the generator battery jumper cable terminal (1) to the generator stud.
4. Install the generator battery jumper cable nut (2) to the generator.
Tighten the nut to 9 N.M (80 lb in).
5. Position the generator battery jumper cable boot (3).
6. Connect the engine harness electrical connector (3) to the generator.
7. Install the accessory drive belt.
8. Install the intake manifold sight shield.
9. Connect the negative battery cable.
Let me know what you find.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, October 25th, 2020 AT 6:01 PM