Here is what I found to help reset the security system and get your car started:
1. Operation Flow
2. Setting the Vehicle Security System Initial condition
1. Close all doors.
2. Close hood.
The vehicle security system is in the disarmed phase when any door(s) or hood is opened. The security indicator lamp blinks every second.
Pre-armed phase and armed phase
The vehicle security system turns into the "pre-armed" phase when the hood and all doors are closed, and the doors are locked by key or key fob. (The security indicator lamp illuminates.) After about 30 seconds, the system automatically shifts into the "armed" phase (the system is set). (The security indicator lamp blinks every 2.6 seconds.)
3. Canceling the Set Vehicle Security System
When the doors are unlocked with the key or key fob, the armed phase is canceled.
4. Activating the Alarm Operation of the Vehicle Security System
Make sure the system is in the armed phase. (The security indicator lamp blinks every 2.6 seconds.)
When the engine hood or any door is opened before unlocking door with key or key fob the horn, and headlamps operate intermittently for about 50 seconds. (At the same time, the system disconnects the starting system circuit.)
VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM DEACTIVATION
To deactivate the vehicle security system, a door must be unlocked with the key or key fob.
When the key is used to unlock the door, smart entrance control unit terminal 10 receives a ground signal
- through front door key cylinder switch LH terminal 3
- through front door key cylinder switch LH terminal 2
- through body grounds M14 and M68 or
- through back door key cylinder switch terminal 3
- through back door key cylinder switch terminal 2
- through body grounds D402 and D404.
When the smart entrance control unit receives this signal or an unlock signal from key fob, the vehicle security system is deactivated. (Disarmed phase)
PANIC ALARM OPERATION
When the remote keyless entry system is triggered, ground is supplied intermittently
- to vehicle security lamp relay terminal 1 and
- to horn relay terminal 2
- through smart entrance control unit terminals 39 and 42.
The horn and headlamps operate intermittently.
The alarm automatically turns off after 30 seconds or when smart entrance control unit receives any signal from key fob
You may need to get a new key fob. Let me know how it goes.
Thursday, August 25th, 2022 AT 1:41 PM