Screach noice

TAMS
  • 1996 MITSUBISHI COLT
I have exactly the same problem asked by you by Coltman, yet I do not see an answer. Could you perhaps help?

"Hi I have a 1996 Mitsibushi Colt Rodeo 3000 v6 4x4 d/cab - 240 000 km on the clock. The last couple of weeks it has been making a constant almost hollow like whining noise on the left side in front - which is very irritating. It sounded like coming from the drive shaft, wheel or diff. I went to the dealers who told me it was the front wheel bearings, and definitely not the diff, gearbox or drive shaft. I have replaced the wheel bearings, but although the whining is not so bad anymore, it is still there constantly. (Maybe I have just gotten used to it)

We have checked the drive shaft for mud etc, but nothing there. The whining is only there when the vehicle is moving and increases with accelarating and decreases when slowing down. When Idling it is gone. Please can you advise?
Saturday, April 20th, 2013 AT 12:16 PM

ASEMASTER6371
Did you replace the races as well?

Saturday, April 20th, 2013 AT 12:48 PM