LOSS OF DASH INSTRUMENTS, POWER STEERING

2003 Saturn Vue

binford

March, 16, 2008 AT 11:34 AM

2003 Saturn Vue 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 58000 miles

I have a 2003 Saturn Vue 2-wheel drive 6-cylinder vehicle. One day I was driving down the road and all of a sudden she noticed the instrument panel gauges give out (RPM, Speedometer, etc) and went to zero. My power steering also failed when I turned the car off then back on. Now when I start it in the moring when it is cold out, the promlum is gone. But when it is warm out the car starts whit the same trouble, the check engine light, check engine soon light, brake and the ABS lights all come on and stay on with no power steering. When it is cold out there is no trouble. Is there a sensor or computer chip that is controlling all of these electrical devices posably under the dash or some where effected by tempature. I'm a single dad of 3 so $ is tight all the time so I just can't take it in. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Vue

April, 21, 2008 AT 12:07 PM

Did you find out what was causing this, because I have the same problem and Saturn tells me that nothing is wrong, if upon restart all the lights go off, supposedly indicates no problem. Something is definetely wrong, as this has now happened 5x, the last time not having power sterring was more then a little scary in the situation I was in.

binford

April, 22, 2008 AT 2:33 PM

I had it fixed at the dealer took 1/2 day. It was a burnt computer (control) Boby $190.00
# 19116638 Module KI N 304.85
plus programing.

Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200