2002 SATURN VUE ELECTRIC POWER STEERING PROBLEM

• cwsurvive
  • 2002 Saturn Vue

Steering problem
2002 Saturn Vue 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 80K miles

My power steering does not run all of the time. So far when it works its OK until I stop the engine.

This vehicle has electric power steering

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 9:31 PM

• Zackman

To start with, check the tension on the power steering belt. Is there any noise associated with the non-working power steering? When it is not working, can you see the fluid in the reservoir flowing?

Is a bit vague. Obviously the P/S works until the engine is turn off. Please give us a little bit more info to help you.

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 11:59 PM
  • cwsurvive

Sometimes when I start the car the electric power steering does not work. Other times it does work. I can turn the car off and back on and might work. There times when you turn it on a it works for a few seconds.

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 AT 7:36 PM
  • Zackman

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_02vuefusebox_1.jpg

Replace the fuse with a known good fuse. If the problem continues, the problem may lie within the Electronic power Steering module. Located at the steering column. Unfortunately, diagnostic for the system is not available.

Thursday, June 4th, 2009 AT 12:01 AM