TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKING

1998 Saturn SW1

bobbyg300

January, 26, 2009 AT 10:26 AM

1998 Saturn SW1 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 95,000 miles

My 98 Saturn Wagon all of a sudden the turn signals stopped working all together. If you move the lever up and down a few times then they will work but only for a short period of time. Neither the driver nor passenger works. What could the problem be and what would be the best resolution for this problem.

Hello, you might check the turn fuse in the fuse box. I believe that circuit goes hot when you turn on the key.

I just wondered if the hazzard lites flash? You may have a problem with the turn signal switch?

bobbyg300

Actually nothing works. The Hazzards do not work nor the turning signal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bobbyg300

Actually the Hazzards do not work.

It sounds like the turn signal switch. The flasher, it may be a combination flasher, the hazard and turn are wired through the turn switch switch. Maybe a problem with switch or wiring circuit? Because you can wiggle the turn selector and get it to work, makes me think the problem is there.

bobbyg300

January, 29, 2009 AT 11:35 AM

What would be the easiest way to fix this problem? I really do not know anything about cars. Any help would be appreciated.

bobbyg300

January, 29, 2009 AT 11:36 AM

January, 30, 2009 AT 8:06 AM

Hello, I'd check the fuses, first, then the flasher.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet