INSTALLING COMPUTER ON

1997 Saturn SW1

momnick8

March, 10, 2010 AT 2:25 PM

Computer problem
1997 Saturn SW1 Automatic 80,000 miles

We need a new computer for our 1997 Saturn SW1. I see a lot of places where we can get a used one with a warranty. Will this be easy for my husband to install and is it a good idea?

saturntech9

March, 10, 2010 AT 3:02 PM

They hardly ever go bad so a used one wouldnt be a bad idea to save money. To replace it u just go under the dash unplug the connectors then remove the dash top and theres a 10mm nut to loosen and it slides out towards the whindshield. Not very hard to do if u ur handy with tools. Make sure u get the computer out of a 1997 sw1.U may have to get it programed though depending on what options ur car has and the donar car has. Whats wrong with ur old computer?

momnick8

March, 10, 2010 AT 10:17 PM

I would have to ask my husband. It has been so long since we used it, I can't remember. I do know it failed the October car inspection, so it was before that. When I find out, I will repost. And he is very handy with tools.

Replace PCM Computer