ELECTRICAL PROBLEM1995 SATURN SW1 4 CYL TWO ...

1995 Saturn SW1

dave2009

September, 19, 2009 AT 3:23 PM

1995 Saturn SW1 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I started my car today and noticed quickly that I had no fan (air conditioner), no radio, and no wipers, and my engine light was on for about a 5 mile ride (engine light happened in past but not for last 2 1/2 months). I stopped by the place where I intended to get my oil changed, the guy just tried to help by checking fuses which were all okay, but he said he smelled something where the relay box is under the hood after looking at that. I went to start the car again at that location and everything worked again and it all worked for the 5 mile ride back home. But again, another guy there told me there was a smell coming from that box. What can I anticipate, and what should I do?

saturntech9

October, 2, 2009 AT 8:47 PM

Check ur wires going to ur ignition switch see if there burning/melting if they are u have a bad ignition switch the key minder circuit shorts power to ground on those cars sometimes. Let me know what u find.
Louie

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replacing Head Gasket
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla