1998 Saturn SL2 horn wont stop. Engine wont start either

FOTOBOY
  • 1998 SATURN SL2
1998 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 150k miles

horn is blazing with stopping (i pulled the fuse).
engine wont start.
just flashing dash lights.
fob (7 sec lock/unlock near the car) reset did not help. Battery is at 14volts hailp!
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 5:51 PM

SATURNTECH9
So ur alarm won't turn off?How many volts does ur remote battery have?Take the remote apart and clean all the black stuff out of the remote the inside of the buttons and the circuit board. Then see if it locks and unlocks. If not on ur dlc connector where u read ur codes with the key off going from left to right top row jumper pin 4 to 8 the horn will honk then while it's jumpered hold down lock and unlock 30 seconds u should hear another honk means the remote is programed. Try that. This is a factory alarm right?Let me know what u find.
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 6:52 PM
FOTOBOY
Thanks for the tips, I tried them all. No luck
the horn is actually blasting non stop, not beep beep beep-ing. And the fob 4&8 reset does not stop the horn and gets no response. Yes, factory alarm, 14volts on the bat
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 9:35 PM
SATURNTECH9

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_98sl2_starter_diagram2_2.jpg

ok lets see if its ur alarm keeping the starter from working.look at the diagram i posted go to the starter relay under the driverside of the dash down the steering column.check for a ground at terminal a1 if u have a ground there its not ur alarm causing the starter to be inop.if there isnt a ground there then try this.put ur key in the acc postion for 45mins see if it starts.let me know what u find.
Monday, March 22nd, 2010 AT 7:13 PM
FOTOBOY
Sorry, but the diagram is too small to read, even when I enlarged it, got nothing reasonable from it.
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 AT 3:53 PM
SATURNTECH9
Ok private message me ur email address and I'll email u that diagram. Did u check the ground for starter relay?Let me know.
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 AT 5:42 PM
FOTOBOY
Sorry, but I dont have 10 posts and I have been forbidden from using pm's. Anyway that's ok, It would seem that my problems are bigger than I anticipated. Switched batteries, tried starting, engine turned over hard but didnt start, just sput put putted. Will have to drag it to the shop for this one.

Thanks a million for your help. Will likely be back with more problems! (Actually I hope not)

cheers
Wednesday, March 24th, 2010 AT 11:04 AM