CAR WONT START

1998 Saturn SL2

mrkbruce

January, 19, 2010 AT 11:24 AM

1998 Saturn SL2 4 cyl

My car will turn over and hit every now and then but will not bust off completely. I have checked the spark and it is getting spark. I have taken the fuel filter loose and checked the fuel pump and it is shooting gas when I turn on the ignition. I can blow through the fuel filter just fine so I dont think it is clogged up. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

saturntech9

Sounds like u have a bad coolant temp sensor try holding the gas pedal all the way to the floor while ur cranking it see if it starts. After u try that unplug the temp sensor see if the connector is corroded if it is then u will have to clean or replace the connector. It unplugs by squeesing the connector. There is two wires going to it a yellow wire and a black wire. Its screwed into ur head below where the upper radiator hose goes on. Becareful u will loose coolant make sure the engine is cold. The sensor is under 20 if u replace it make sure u get a brass tipped one the plastic tip ones crack and corrod the connectors.U could even take out the old sensor and see if its cracked. Let me know what u find.

mrkbruce

That fixed the problem. I replaced it this morning and it is working just fine. Thanks again for your information. I really appreciate it!

saturntech9

Glad u got it fixed and I could help u out with ur problem. If u have anymore questions feel free to post them. Also thanks for using 2carpros.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang