1994 Saturn SL2 Car will not start

• 1994 SATURN SL2

1994 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 204000 miles

Now. My Saturn ran fine before all this happened. OK I tried to start my saturn 4 days ago in very cold weather. It turned over VERY slow. But no start. Then clank and grind, my starter started to slip. After 4 days sitting in the cold, I finally had a chance to replaced the starter. Now we all know that you have to disconnect the batter when changing a starter, so I did just that. I put the battery cable back on and tried to start the car. The car would not start. It sputtered and tried to start but killed my battery before it could start. It was a very good battery and I never had a starting problem with this car. Oh and the fly wheel chewed the starter pinioin housing off but pinion gear still there. There is no grinding with the new starter, car turns over fine. But will not start. HELP!

Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 9:05 PM

So it turns over good and won't start?If it does then try holding the gas pedal to the floor while cranking it see if it will start that way. If it won't turn over let me know. If it turns over let's check for spark pull off two plug wires right next to each other off the coil have someone crank it over watch for arching between those two posts. Let's start there let me know what u find.

Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 AT 12:13 AM