In order to get the wipers off, I can turn the switch off, and then as the wipers are working, at a time during the cycle as the wipers are in the start position and before ethey start back up, I can hit the drivers only wiper blade( will not work hitting the passengers blade , they turn off ( kind of hard to do at 60 mph)
I have noticed that at time the wipers go way to far to the left ( tip of blade off the glass) and then at other times they are with in the normal range.
1) wipers blades replaced
2) tightened all bolts under the hood for motor, arms and mounts dealing with the wipers and the entire set up
3) jingling the wiper switch has never helped.
4) made sure wiper arm mounts above the hood are on the tight and aligned right
5) fuse box under the hood, there is a relay ( told is for running lights) that has a small crack in it. A few times when I have tapped the box the wipers stopped right away, other times no effect
Would the wiper circuit breaker be broke? If so where is the breaker located? Inside fuse box?
6) I have had a mechanic work on this for several hours and he told to wire up a toggle switch to turn the wiper on and off.
Thnak you for the help
have the same problem?
Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 7:57 PM