1996 SATURN SL1 FUEL FILTER LOCATION

• novachick
  • 1996 Saturn SL1

1996 Saturn SL1 4 cyl Manual 196000 miles

Where is the fuel filter located on this car?

Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 AT 5:22 PM

• saturntech9

If u take out ur air intake tub off ur throttle body. Look at ur fuel lines going to ur fuel rail one will have a cap that u remove to test fuel pressure that's fuel filter line follow it back to ur body rail and it's mounted right there. Real easy to change. Let me know if u have anymore questions.

Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 AT 5:44 PM
  • brijmin

I recently changed mine. It would be helpful to have the little tool that slides in to release the one way clip that holds the filter to the fuel line.

Thursday, May 13th, 2010 AT 4:34 PM
  • saturntech9

U don't need any special release tool for the 96 saturns u just use ur fingers to push in the clips on each end. The earlier saturns used a special tool to release the fuel filter from the fuel rail.U just need a 10mm socket and rachet to take the bolt out that holds the fuel filter and return line to the fuel rail. Let me know how it goes and if u have anymore questions.

Thursday, May 13th, 2010 AT 8:56 PM