SOUNDS LIKE AN AIRPLANE

Saturn

fixmytruck94

2000 SL2 4dr 1.9L 5Spd trans.
recently had the clutch replaced, and new tires installed. Going down the road above 25-30 mph sounds like an airplane. Will go away with lane change or road turn to left. Is this my wheelbearing? It is cold and wet here in WI and hate to rotate tires to trouble shoot if this isnt the cause. Noise is constant driving straight or in left hand turn.

Thanks look forward to your thoughts!

fixmytruck94

[quote=" fixmytruck94" ]2000 SL2 4dr 1.9L 5Spd trans.
Recently had the clutch replaced, and new tires installed. Going down the road above 25-30 mph sounds like an airplane. Will go away with lane change or road turn to left. Is this my wheelbearing? It is cold and wet here in WI and hate to rotate tires to trouble shoot if this isnt the cause. Noise is constant driving straight or in left hand turn.

Thanks look forward to your thoughts![/Quote] 8) Turns out it was both front wheel bearings going bad, I asked to see them and they rolled pretty darn rough and shaking them side to side made alot of noise. Too bad these parts cant be maintained, oh well now we know!

peppermrj

Thanxs for the update.

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Replace Tie Rod End