O2 CODE GOES ON 13

1913 Saturn

JuanCBX3

February, 7, 2006 AT 10:58 AM

I replaced the O2 sensor and then fix the wire but after a few days it came back on I fix the exhast leak but didnt change the sensor could it be because it must of gottenn faulty and need to replace it? :

Jack42

February, 8, 2006 AT 3:04 PM

Could be the wire repair. Always use factory parts that plug right in

peppermrj

February, 8, 2006 AT 6:35 PM

Are there any other codes?
Is the engine reaching normal operating temperature?

JuanCBX3

February, 8, 2006 AT 7:09 PM

The dealer told me to ceal it right but I did but that was before I got the car in running temp because it didnt have a termostat but dont know if the O2 got mest up running cold and cant give a signal correctly

JuanCBX3

February, 8, 2006 AT 7:11 PM

The car is now running in the right temp but dont know if it maid the 02 go bat running cold so that could be the problem what do you think

peppermrj

February, 8, 2006 AT 8:01 PM

O2s have to be hot (600 degrees) to function properly. A cold running engine would not ruin the sensor tho. The computer will not let it register if the coolant temperature sensor is faulty and reads low.

If the coolant temp sensor is good double check the wiring again.

JuanCBX3

February, 16, 2006 AT 4:16 PM

I tested the 02 sensor and stays at.859 and goes down only a little bit but dosent go up and down the voltage like it should

peppermrj

February, 16, 2006 AT 4:28 PM

Thanxs for the update. Looks like a new O2 for you. : )

JuanCBX3

February, 16, 2006 AT 8:42 PM

I did and the light stays on still but once I had 2 wiers mix up one was the a/c and 02 the a/c wire was with the 02 and the 02 wire with the a/c could that of send a voltage to the computer and burn a wire or made a short to the 02 wire inside the computer

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast