2001 Saturn Vibration from 40mph - 70mph

SCHMIFTY00
  • 2001 SATURN
I've been getting a vibration in my car starting at speeds of approx. 40mph and progressively getting louder until about 70mph where it levels off.

Decelerating I notice the vibrations until I get below the 40mph where it clears up abit. When I shift to neutral it persists through that as well.

I have also noticed that when I make a slight turn to the right, such as on a bend in the freeway, the vibration disappears completely. Once I straighten out it returns.

I've had my tires balanced in an attempt to correct this without any change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Friday, December 7th, 2007 AT 3:06 PM

JACK42
Front strut ok? Could be a ball joint or tie rod end letting one wheel move around at speed causing the vibration. Is it a steady noise/vibration or does it change on and off the gas? Sounds like when you turn the wheel a little it loads the suspension causing the play to go away and take the vibration with it. Have a front end shop take a look at it, dont want something to break, causing a serious problem
Saturday, December 8th, 2007 AT 7:50 AM
PHOENYIX
I just went through the exact problem. I had a front wheel bearing going bad. I changed it and all is well now.
Friday, January 11th, 2008 AT 7:48 AM