BLOWER MOTOR FAN

2000 Saturn

ncroger

June, 14, 2008 AT 1:25 PM

2000 Saturn SL2 Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

My heater/hvac blower motor will not run. I have replaced the relay, fuse is good, replaced the resistor, still motor will not run. Tested motor directly to battery and it runs. I get 12 volt at the blower motor connection but when I plug the motor in and turn on there is no voltage. I created a second ground but the same results. I tested the voltage at the motor connection, with the fan switch off there is no voltage, in all of the speed positions I get the same 12 volt readings. I am stumped?

merlin2021

June, 14, 2008 AT 1:47 PM

Check switch continuity.
Low= D& B
Med-Low= D& C
Med-High= D& E
High= D& F
I will post the colors, computer problem right now!

merlin2021

June, 14, 2008 AT 2:14 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_AC_Switch_1.jpg

ncroger

June, 14, 2008 AT 4:21 PM

I left the ingnition off, disconneted the blower resistor and performed the continuity test to the resistor plug connection for each bank of wires. I did this for all of the switch settings and all came back with an open circuit except when switch was in the first on position then I got a closed circuit on the brown to yellow connection but the blower motor will not run at this setting. What is next

ncroger

June, 14, 2008 AT 4:22 PM

merlin2021

June, 15, 2008 AT 5:47 AM

This test was for the fan speed switch. What is the continuity there?

ncroger

June, 15, 2008 AT 11:31 AM

I tried to pull the switch module out but I could not get it far enough out of the dash to test. Guess I will have to take it to the dealer.

Thanks for all your help

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement