RUNNING PROBLEM SL1 1.9L

1992 Saturn

gwright74

May, 15, 2007 AT 7:23 PM

Hi. My car starts hard, hot or cold the same hard start. I have to hold down the gas down all the way to start it. Idles with miss, try to give gas after started and it tries to die. Replaced coil, plugs, air control senser, fuel filter, compess. Test 180 " all". Presser test fuel 40 psi. Miss at idle and all the way up to 3,000 rpm. Please help

gnorc_12

May, 16, 2007 AT 1:40 AM

There is a hose going from your air intake to the top of your cylinder head. Try removing the hose all together and than start the car. If the car start and idles normally or a little faster than it should you know you need a new valve. $12. Try that it happened to my car a few months ago. Same symptoms. If not you may be having some trouble with you head gasket. Spitting oil back on your plugs. Are your plugs oiled up or do they have a clean burn?

Service Writer

May, 16, 2007 AT 3:15 PM

Pull the engine coolant temperture sensor and examine it for any sign of cracking. Very common on saturns.

gwright74

May, 16, 2007 AT 8:54 PM

Pcv new. Plugs don't have oil on them. Clean burn

gwright74

May, 16, 2007 AT 8:57 PM

I'll try the temp senser tomorrow. Thanks all. I'll let you know what happen.

gwright74

May, 17, 2007 AT 8:06 PM

Coolant temperture sensor replaced. Still have same problem.

Service Writer

May, 17, 2007 AT 8:17 PM

Replacing certainly answers it, but You would be able to see a crack. Anyways,

Do you know what codes are listed in the computer?

IF not, the next area I would go to is to clean the IAC motor and EGR valve. Not sure if you replace the IAC motor as you referenced " air control senser".

Codes, if any, would be beneficial to know.

wscreate

May, 19, 2007 AT 11:44 PM

Did you replace the correct sensor. There are 2 coolant temp sensors on your model. One feeds info to the gauge, and one feeds info to the computer. You need to change the one for the computer. The gauge sensor is visible easily. The computer sensor is below that one and slightly to the rear.

Also, make sure you get a temp sensor with a brass tip and I would suggest getting it only from the dealer, as these things were suggested to me before I replaced my ECTS.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe