COMPRESSOR CLUTCH

1998 Saturn L200

yellowbiker

July, 1, 2010 AT 7:54 PM

Air Conditioning problem
1998 Saturn L200 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 143000 miles

my compresser runs and air is cold radiator fan runs all the time but the compresor never cycles even when the car is cool inside is it pdm coolant temp sensor I have no codes in ecm

saturntech9

July, 1, 2010 AT 7:57 PM

If you have a 1998 S model not the L200 they didn't make in 1998 then it sound's normal. Let me know and I will give you more detail on when it cycle's.

yellowbiker

July, 3, 2010 AT 4:49 PM

Yes my 98 saturn is an s series and im trying to find out why the ac dosent cycle off thanks

saturntech9

July, 3, 2010 AT 6:07 PM

It's normal for the fan to run while the a/c is on. The compressor does not cycle your car doesn't have auto climate control. The compressor will only cycle if the pressure in the a/c system get's too high or too low. Also when you excellerate hard like to pass someone the compressor will kick out. Other wise the compressor stay's on.

yellowbiker

July, 4, 2010 AT 10:12 AM

Dou you know of a good way to get it set up to cycle to leave it on and not have to turn it off at the switch ?

Im trying to save gas and keep car cool

maybe a timer to the ac request switch

any ideas all considered

thanks al

saturntech9

July, 4, 2010 AT 11:38 AM

The only thing I suggest is when it cool's down shut off the a/c and when it get's too warm for you turn it back on.

yellowbiker

July, 4, 2010 AT 2:04 PM

What kind of temp sensor is used on climate control systems so I can explore that
thanks al

saturntech9

July, 4, 2010 AT 8:08 PM

That model never came with auto climate control car's with auto climate control have more then just a outside and inside temp sensor the control head for the a/c and heat have a computer built inside of them that control what the inside temp of the car is by turning the a/c on and off and control the blower motor as well. It would be impractical to try to add auto climate control to that car. You would spend more money trying to do that then you would save in gas.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500