LEAK UNDER CAR?

2005 Saturn Ion

LM Seaver

June, 6, 2010 AT 2:39 PM

2005 Saturn Ion 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 46000 miles

I noticed today that there was a small puddle under my car. We put a cup under it to see what the liquid was and it's clear and odorless so we ar assuming it's water but there is still a slow drip coming from under the car.

saturntech9

June, 6, 2010 AT 2:49 PM

If it's just clear water simple answer it's condensation dripping out of your a/c box out the drain that's normal. When your a/c runs the evaporator core inside your a/c box get's really cold and sweat's water and come's out your a/c drain.

Furycss

May, 23, 2012 AT 4:59 PM

I have a similar drip of water coming from under the car, near the passenger footwell, but I havent used the ac in weeks. It did rain yesterday, but has been warm and dry today. Any thoughts? It's an 04 ion quad coupe.

saturntech9

May, 23, 2012 AT 5:28 PM

There is a ac drain behind the engine under the hood about half way down the fire wall see if its clogged.

Furycss

May, 23, 2012 AT 5:49 PM

I think I found the drain you are talking about, it is on the passenger side, plastic oval shaped with a cross bar bisecting it, looks like it drains horizontally (it's not pointing down, but forward). It does seem to be where the water is originating but doesn't feel clogged at all, there was no resistance to sticking my finger in or a screwdriver. If this is where water is dripping out why would it be doing so when ac hasn't been on in st least several days, if not weeks? It was driven in rain yesterday, how would that affect it, if at all?

saturntech9

May, 23, 2012 AT 7:31 PM

The only place your going to get clear water draining out on that car is water exiting the cowl. Thats the fresh air intake at the base of your windshield water gets in there and drains out. Also your ac drain so if it just rained that could be your answer.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang