2000 Saturn Aura brake fluid flush

VOICEGUY
  • 2000 SATURN AURA
Hello!

I am being urged to do a brake fluid flush and an engine oil flush. I am having an oil change now, and figure the brake fluid can be bleed/flushed when the brakes are replaced. Are these necessary, or are they just trying to flush money out of my wallet?

Thanks!

Boyce
Monday, May 17th, 2010 AT 10:52 AM

SATURNTECH9
I dont know what model saturn you really have but they didnt make the aura in 2000. It would have to be a s or L model if you have a v6 engine then its a L model of some kind. As far as a oil flush I dont belive in those. Now with your brake fluid what you have to understand is the fluid attracts water and holds it causing the boiling point to go way down and rust in your brake system. So I do belive in brake flushs and your car being a 2000 I would get one. If you have anymore questions let me know.
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 4:16 PM
VOICEGUY
I mispoke. It is a 2007 Aura.
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 4:50 PM
SATURNTECH9
If that's the case with your low mileage I would have them test the fluid they have strips you dip into the fluid and they change color and tell you how the brake fluid looks do that and watch them do the test. Let me know how it comes out.
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 5:04 PM