BRAKE LIGHTS DONT WORK

1993 SAAB 9000

ROBERTTHEBEAR1969

October, 10, 2009 AT 7:18 PM

1993 Saab 9000 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 98757 miles

i want to know where the brake light relay is located. I checked the brake switch by the brake pedal and all of the fuses are good and the bake lights still dont work. Could you please help me with this problem. Thankyou robert

October, 11, 2009 AT 5:55 AM

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the donation.

The brake light circuit does not have any relays except the filament monitor which is located in the luggage compartment.

At the brake switch, is voltage available at Red wire at all times?
Is voltage available at White wire when brake pedal is depressed?

If yes to both above, test the White wire ( Terminal # 9 an 10) at Filament Monitor for voltage when brake pedal is depressed. If voltage is available, test the output wire to brake bulbs for voltage. If no voltage is available, check the Blue/White wire (EDB fuse # 29 and 30 ) for voltage. If voltage are avail, chack the ground circuit, and if all works accordingly, substitute a monitor to test.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_FilamentMonitor93Saab9000Fig12_1.jpg

.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Fog Light Bulb Replacement w/ H.I.D Kit
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX