REAR DEFROSTER

2002 SAAB 9-5

sqratchsix

November, 28, 2009 AT 4:41 PM

2002 Saab 9-5 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 40000 miles

The rear defroster doesn't seem to work. I am looking for the rear window heater relay which is supposed to be located in the " relay panel under instrument panel.&Quot; I can't find this. Thanks

mnthny4

November, 30, 2009 AT 10:22 AM

First relay box is located under driver side dash area, remove under panel then remove 1 screw holding box & box will hang down, then the relay that is related to rear glass heating is the 1st big relay on the RH outer side of the box there is a small relay before it, this is a 4 pin relay, I think it is purple in colour if my memory serves me right, good luck, also check fuse # 26 & 18 these r the only fuses providing power to relay for rear glass heating, if relay & fuses r good check heating element, to check this just apply power & grounds to both glass contacts 1 gnds, 1 power, & use temp gun to take reading. From cold to hot & if all those r good then u have a bad control unit & DICE unit mounted just above relay box same area.

Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta