PROBLEMS STARTING

2001 SAAB 9-5

zuzanav

October, 8, 2009 AT 8:58 AM

2001 Saab 9-5 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 14000 miles

my 2001 saab 9-5 runs well and starts without a glitch most of the time. Other times however, it will not start at all. At these times, the engine does not turn over, and I do not hear any clicking noises coming from the starter. This used to happen once every two or three weeks, but now it happens with increasing frequency, especially if I drive the car, turn off the engine, and then try to start the car again only a short time later. The car has a new battery. I was told this could be the alternator, but don't want to spend the money unless i'm sure that's what it is. The radio and the power windows and all of the electrical things work, even when the car is not starting. Do you have any idea what it might be? I would be very grateful for some good advice.

mnthny4

October, 8, 2009 AT 2:30 PM

U need a transmission range switch [neutral position switch ] the module on top of the transmission that the shifter cable is connected to, that is all u need to correct that issue, module going bad, when completely bad car will not start at all, in neutral position or park position.

mnthny4

October, 8, 2009 AT 2:32 PM

Please respond with a thank u if u looked at the repair answer to your question.

zuzanav

October, 19, 2009 AT 8:04 PM

Thanks for your advice! You were right, it was the transmission range switch. I got it fixed and now it works great.
Thanks again for your time.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe