REPAIR QUESTION FRONT STRUTS

1999 SAAB 9-3

judi_r

July, 31, 2010 AT 10:54 PM

Suspension problem
1999 Saab 9-3 repair Question 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 113850 miles

Recently purchased this car used and it is in need of some work. Bought Bilstein front struts and rear shocks for the car, e.G, FA-PE3-3105-H1 [front] and FA-BE5-2758-H0 [rear]. Took these to my mechanic to install today and he had no problem whatsoever with the rear shocks but indicated that the front struts were about 2" too short. I am totally confused by this as I've never had any such problems with struts in the past as long as I've bought what was recommended by the manufacturer and these were also cross referenced on the Bilstein web site as being the correct ones for this car. Any idea what is going on with these? Do you think I should have purchased the strut assembly, e.G, FA-VE3-A250-H1 and FA-VE3-251-H1 instead? I believe the car still had the original struts on it and I thought all I needed to do was purchase these replacement cartridges. Please advise. Thanks.

Replacing Rear Struts

Rear Strut

mnthny4

August, 4, 2010 AT 9:36 PM

Check insert shafts length side & side if ok then just add spacer to the bottom of the cylinder & tighten down lock, fit & u r good.

Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda