Code P0336, runs good then shuts off after it gets warm?

WILLIAM901
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TAHOE
When I first crank it up after sitting overnight it runs good and when it warms up it will not crank back up. I have texted the fuel pressure and it never drops below 55 PSI even when it shuts off and shows no check engine. When it first started it showed a code p0336. I have replaced crank shaft position sensor and the pigtail to it, and it still does the same thing.
Monday, July 3rd, 2023 AT 8:13 PM

KEN L
  • MASTER CERTIFIED MECHANIC
Error code P0336 in automotive diagnostics refers to a problem with the crankshaft position sensor circuit range/performance so there is an issue in the circuit to the PCM or the PCM is bad.

here is a guide to help and the PCM wiring diagrams so you can see which wires to test and how the system works:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Here is how to change out the PCM as well, you can get a preprogrammed unit by searching Google or Ebay. Check out the images (below). Please let us know what happens.
Tuesday, July 4th, 2023 AT 12:32 PM

Sponsored links