PRACTICAL RAISING

1994 Rover Metro

partom

April, 30, 2009 AT 6:44 AM

Suspension problem
1994 Rover Metro 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

Hi I have a rover metro which I will be taking on a long drive down to Morocco in the summer. It all seems mechanically sound but seems to sit quite low to the ground which worries me considering the sorts of roads down in northern africa. I was wondering is there an easy way to raise the suspension hight a few cm to get that extra bit of clearence, hopefully without having to replace the actual shocks or anything major or expensive. Also does anyone know what the largest wheels the metro can take are?
Lastly will this be any different for my friends cinquecento which will be taking the same trip?
Thanks alot for any help anyone can give, If you have any more adivce on readying the metro it would be great too.

Dave H

May, 3, 2009 AT 5:11 AM

You will need to change the spring's and shock's to change the ride height i'm afraid .. the wheel rim that is on the vehicle is the largest it will take without the tyres catching ..

hope this helps

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_634.png

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars