HELP!

2002 Rover 45

obayda44

November, 5, 2010 AT 6:54 AM

Noises problem
2002 Rover 45 4 cyl Manual 60000 miles

I have a rover 45- 02 model.

When I bought the car used the clutch was not working properly. It would shiver when moving off, it took time to get used to. Mechanic said the clutch judder was due to a cheap clutch being fitted.

Now all of a sudden something has happened. When moving off it seems like the clutch is stuck for a second or two before it moves off. The more gas I add the revs on the tachometer go up but car still dosent move for a few seconds. Then when accelerating the revs dont go up nice and smooth. It goes up slowly then jumps then slowly. Changing from 2nd to 3rd there is a vibration underneath the car.

The car has been diagnosed a month ago with a cv joint on its way out- I would get a knocking sound when turning sharp

What is wrong?

Docfixit

November, 5, 2010 AT 9:12 AM

Need to replace clutch assembly

obayda44

November, 5, 2010 AT 2:08 PM

What do you mean by clutch assembly sorry? What parts are needing changed?

Docfixit

November, 5, 2010 AT 2:15 PM

Clutch disc, pressure plate, release bearing and pilot bearing also turn flywheel

obayda44

November, 5, 2010 AT 3:03 PM

Seems like alot of work, how much will I be expected to pay? I live in the UK by the way.

Docfixit

November, 5, 2010 AT 3:11 PM

In US $ @$900 don't know what that is in your money and not sure of labor rate in UK

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement