WONT RUN

1998 Rover 2 Series

joe1994joe

February, 20, 2010 AT 1:30 PM

1998 Rover 2 Series 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 16000 miles

hi I have a rover 200 petrol it was left for a week and I tried to start it last night but it was just wouldn't go so I top it up with some more fuel and tried it again but it wouldn't go so I rolled it down the hill and it back fired a ran but as soon as I took my foot of the accelerator it stopped so I tried some easy start in the air intake and it wouldn't go so I got a tow to the the top of the hill and rolled it again and it went but stopped as soon as I took my foot of the accelerator again so I leaned the distributor cap but didn't get any progress ca you try and HELP me out what I could try next

thanks joe

Dave H

February, 22, 2010 AT 4:46 PM

Is the vehicles MIL on (check engine light on dash display) .. have the vehilce plugged into a diagnostic computer to check for fault codes .. .. also check you are getting fuel and spark at plugs when cranking .. let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_987.png

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right